Les gîtes de Franca suggest 2 places for 2 different atmospheres.
Jacob Bellecombette (Alt. 350m)
There are so many things to do around Jacob Bellecombette.
- The thermal baths in Aix les Bains and Challes les Eaux are nearby.
- Paths close by to walk straight from the apartment to visit «Les Charmettes», where Jean-Jacques Rousseau lived for 6 years.
- Visits to the museums, concerts or exhibitions in Chambéry.
- Cycle paths in town or along the local vineyard paths.
- Outings to the Bauges or Chartreuse mountains.
- Swimming in lakes Aiguebelette or Bourget.
Notre Dame du Pré (Alt. 1275m)
If you come on holiday to Notre Dame du Pré, enjoy multiple sporting activities:
- Numerous paths go straight from the house in Notre Dame du Pré, up to the alpine pastures and the Mont Jovet (2558 m).
- For rock climbing, the Rocher du Glaisy has been equipped by mountain guides.
- Bike rides to the top of our mythical passes such as Roselend, l’Iseran, la Madeleine.
- A cycle ride, in the quiet along the river Isère on the cycle path in Aime.
- Rafting or hydrospeed down the river Isère.
- A relaxing afternoon at the lake in Macot.
- And, in winter, skiing or ski touring here or in the neighbouring resorts (Plagne Montalbert, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Les 3 Vallées…).
Or cultural activities:
- The church « Notre Dame », is one of the classified churches of the Baroque heritage trail where concerts and guided visits take place throughout the summer.
- In Moûtiers you can visit the Museum, exhibitions at the Marius Hudry centre, participate in a town tour and discover the Dairy Cooperative and Beaufort cheese making.
- Market days in Moûtiers are on Tuesdays and Fridays around the Cathedral…